“The surname, Kingston, is derived from a geographical locality. ‘)’of Kingston,’ parishes in Cambridgeshire, Devon, Somerset (a), Southampton, Sussex (a), Berkshire, Wiltshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, &c.; (a) ‘of Kingstone,’ parishes in Kent, Staffordshire, and Herefordshire.” Forebears
Kingston and Kingstone are often interchangeable. All of the Kingston ancestors I have found have been around the town of Towcester in Northamptonshire.
In 1881, the incidence of Kingston in Northamptonshire was 226.
Joseph Kingston (?-1769)
- Joseph was born before 1717.
- He married Mary WEST, the daughter of William WEST and Mary WILCOX, on 21 Aug 1733 in Towcester, Northamptonshire.
- Joseph and Mary had at least 4 children: Thomas (c.1734), Jane (c.1738), Jane (c.1740) and Elizabeth (c.1743).
- He paid rental to the Fermor-Hesketh Estate in 1764 (£2 10s 9d) and 1768 (£2 18s 9d).
- Joseph was buried in Towcester, Northamptonshire on 29 Apr 1769.
Thomas Kingston (1734-1805)
- Thomas was baptized on 8 Nov 1734 in Towcester, Northamptonshire.
- He married Ann OSBORN, the daughter of George OSBORN and Joyce COOKE, on 30 Oct 1758 in Towcester.
- Thomas and Ann had at least 10 children: Mary (c.1759), Sarah (c.1761), Ann (c.1764), Jane (c.1764), Thomas (c.1765), Joseph (c.1766), Joseph (c.1767), John (c.1769), George (c.1771) and Benjamin (c.1773).
- He inherited the lease of property from his mother after her death in 1774 and paid rental in 1776 (£2 18s 9d).
- Thomas was excused from the 1777 Militia List in Northamptonshire and is listed as a staymaker.
- He paid land tax in 1778 for house and close (8s 10d), again from Earl of Pomfret in 1786 (7s 9d) and finally in 1798 (10s 10d).
- He also paid window tax in 1778 for 7 windows which equated to 4s 2d.
- Thomas was buried on 21 Oct 1805 in Towcester.
Jane Kingston (1764-1843)
- Jane was baptized in Towcester, Northamptonshire on 24 Feb 1764.
- She married William BEVIS, the son of James BEVIS and Elizabeth BRAIN, on 10 Apr 1788 in Towcester.
- Jane and William had at least 7 children: William (c.1789), Ann (c.1791), William (c.1793), Thomas Kingston (c.1795), John (c.1800), Joyce (c.1802) and Josiah (c.1805).
- In 1841, Jane was a widow and lived in Greens Norton, Northamptonshire with her daughter Ann.
- Jane was buried on 4 Aug 1843 in Greens Norton.
Relationship to me.
- Joseph KINGSTON is the father of
- Thomas KINGSTON, who is the father of
- Jane KINGSTON, who is the mother of
- Thomas Kingston BEVIS, who is the father of
- George BEVIS, who is the father of
- Jane Kingston BEVIS, who is the mother of
- Selina HAYNES, who is the mother of
- Maude BRUCE, who is the mother of
- Ivor EVANS, who is the father of
- Living EVANS, who is the father of